Mendocino County Criminal Defense Attorney
Wilber Law Offices is a full-service criminal defense firm serving individuals throughout Mendocino County with experienced and aggressive legal representation. If you or someone you love is being investigated by law enforcement, has been arrested, or is facing formal criminal charges, such as:
- Drug crimes
- Domestic violence
- Internet crimes
- Theft crimes
- Gun and weapons charges
- Violent crimes
- Gang-related offenses
- White-collar crimes
- Reckless driving
Turn to our dedicated team for the help you need. With more than 45 years of combined experience shared among our capable attorneys, you will have the benefit of the team approach we take with every client. This means that we work together to ensure that your case has optimum attention and professional care at every stage.
If you want to learn more about how the DUI process works, click here to view our easy-to-navigate diagram.
Why Hire a Local Criminal Attorney?
Hiring a local criminal attorney in Mendocino County can be beneficial for several reasons:
- Familiarity with local laws and regulations: Local criminal attorneys are familiar with the specific laws and regulations that apply in their jurisdiction. They have experience dealing with the local courts, judges, and prosecutors, which can give them an advantage in representing their clients.
- Knowledge of local legal practices: Local criminal attorneys in Mendocino County have a good understanding of the local legal practices and procedures. They know how the local courts operate, what strategies are most effective, and what arguments are likely to be successful in front of local judges and juries.
- Access to local resources: Local criminal attorneys have access to a network of resources that can help them build a strong defense for their clients. They may know local expert witnesses or investigators who can provide valuable testimony or evidence that can help their clients' cases.
- Personalized attention: Hiring a local criminal attorney can provide clients with personalized attention. They can meet with their attorney in person, which can help build a strong attorney-client relationship. Local attorneys may also be more accessible to their clients, which can be particularly important in criminal cases where time is of the essence.
- Cost-effective: Local criminal attorneys may be more cost-effective than attorneys from larger firms. They typically have lower overhead costs and may be more willing to work with clients on payment plans or reduced fees.
Overall, hiring a local Mendocino County criminal attorney can provide several benefits to clients. They offer a personalized approach, have in-depth knowledge of local legal practices, and have access to local resources that can help build a strong defense.
What Is the Strongest Type of Defense to a Criminal Charge?
The strongest defense to a criminal charge will depend on the specific facts and circumstances of each case, as well as the applicable law in the jurisdiction where the case is being heard. However, some common types of defenses include:
- Lack of evidence: If the prosecution cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed the crime, the defendant may be acquitted.
- Alibi: If the defendant can prove that they were somewhere else at the time the crime was committed, they may be able to establish an alibi defense.
- Self-defense: If the defendant used force to defend themselves or someone else against an immediate threat of harm, they may be able to claim self-defense.
- Insanity: If the defendant can prove that they were legally insane at the time the crime was committed, they may be able to establish an insanity defense.
- Entrapment: If law enforcement induced the defendant to commit a crime that they would not have otherwise committed, the defendant may be able to claim entrapment.
- Constitutional violations: If the defendant's rights were violated during the investigation or prosecution of the case, such as through an illegal search or seizure, they may be able to have evidence suppressed or the case dismissed.
It is important to note that not all defenses will be available in all cases, and the effectiveness of any defense will depend on the specific facts and circumstances of the case.
Contact our criminal defense lawyers in Mendocino County today for a free consultation.
“I believe you were God sent because the times where I felt discouraged and felt like giving up your encouragement and support helped me to once again stand and be confident in the type of man I am and the heart that I have.” - Former Client
“One of the best experiences in my life. Professional, courteous and understanding through whole process.” - Scott J.
“If you need legal help I fully recommend them! If your looking for an experienced trial lawyer this is the team you want to hire.” - William H.
Experienced, Dedicated, & Aggressive
At Wilber Law Offices, our Mendocino County criminal defense attorneys know that facing the criminal justice system can be one of the most stressful experiences in your life. You may not know what to expect, how to react, or may have misconceptions about the law, your case, and how it all works. That is to be expected and that is why you need a professional on your side whose only job is to protect your best interests and counsel you throughout your ordeal.
Your Case is our Top Priority
When you retain our services, you and your criminal defense case become our priority.
- We listen to your story and your concerns followed by our own investigation into your arrest and the surrounding circumstances.
- Through thorough research and analysis, we build a well-prepared defense strategy that will put you in the strongest legal position possible for negotiations with the prosecutor or a trial in court.
As seasoned trial lawyers, our team will never hesitate to prepare for and conduct a trial should that be the right action for your situation. You can count on our relentless and aggressive efforts to help you secure the best possible result, whether that is a case dismissal, reduced charges, reduced sentencing, a diversion program where appropriate, or an acquittal.
To better serve all of our clients, we offer a free case evaluation upfront and affordable payment plans. Let us help you through this critical time with the professional services you need that can reduce stress, turmoil, and uncertainty.
If you have been accused of a crime in Mendocino County, contact Wilber Law Offices online or by calling (707) 597-7977 to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our seasoned attorneys.